Tuesday 16 March 2010

Dress Up 2010

I started these challenges from Margaret's blog only last month so am a little bit behind with them.

Here is the one I made for February. Inspired by the fact that Valentine's Day was not so long ago I thought a Wedding dress would be appropriate. I used the template by Gini again. The skirt is 2 layers of wide lace, the top of the bodice is edged with tiny silver seed beads stitched in place. My favourite part is the super OTT bouquet, made with a couple of ribbon flowers, flocked greenery and a decoration of pale pink seed beads.
The back has been covered in pearlescent card to hide the ends of the lace and has a net train held in place with a decoration of silver tubular beads and the same pale pink seed beads as the bouquet.
Karen, who introduced me to this challenge has used the theme of love for her dress also but as you can see from her blog taken a totally differnt angle on it.

12 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Sue...this is gorgeous!!! I love that you have done the back & put a train on there. I daren't look at the backs of mine hahaha! HUGS XXX

margaret said...

Super wedding dress and just the month for it! love the little feminine touches!
Like Karen I love the way you've completed the backs as well, mine have fallen onto the 'to do' list which means it could be a while!! Margaret

Traceyr said...

Stylish wedding dress there Sue. :)

Angelnorth said...

Oooh, you did the back too! Love the bouquet and the beady finishing touches - fab dress!

Hazel said...

Stunningly gorgeous x

Sherry said...

Fabulous dress Sue - love the lace and the OTT bouquet!

Firenze said...

My first visit to your blog and I'm BLOWN AWAY! What an incredible card! TFS
And thank you for visiting my blog too!
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Kathy said...

soooo pretty, Sue - aren't you clever - great idea to so the back too

Eileen said...

Oh Sue how lovely these are ...glad I found you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is stunning. I love the delicate and romantic look of this dress. You are right, the bouquet adds that perfect special touch.

Gez Butterworth said...

Very beautiful dress Sue. Love how you have decorated the back as well. :) Can't wait to see more..xx

Jen xo said...

a very romantic dress, i like the train too, my backs are still a mess!!