Friday, 9 May 2008
You've all seen my efforts with the baby wipes which is what I used, now that we have the swaps back I can show what I did with them. I simply wrapped a piece of the fabric around my card and backed it with another card to hide the workings. Then I sewed a thread of seed beads and a sequin flower onto them as an embellishment but decided that's all that was needed. We only swap 2 but I have learned to make a 3rd for myself so that I have a record of them and also because the ATC holders take 3 cards in a row.
Unfortunately the shimmer in the paint doesn't show up too well on this scan.
The theme of the Moo swap was floral.
I used shimmer watercolour paints to cover the
background and then various stamps from See D's morsels to add flowers and the pot with versa colour inkpads. I added a little extra to each one of them - a worm, leaf and butterfly.
Again I did 3 and swapped only 2 of them.
I finally managed to work a card for my Dad into a challenge - I tried last week and failed. The card was blue alright but ended up with a fairy on it!
This is an A5 sized card with a background from Papermania's pastel papers pack. The image is Tyler Patchwork Turtle from the Francois collection by Woodware stamps. He is stamped onto a piece from the same pad as the background with a clear pad and embossed in white. The image is layered onto a dark blue backer as is the peel-off greeting. All the corners have been rounded of with a corner punch from the Woodware craft collection.
Self adhesive stones from Papermania have been added to the flower on the stamp and to the greetings plate. Several of the flowers on the background paper have been glittered with pale blue ultrafine glitter.
Not a very good image as it had to be scanned as sadly the sun has left us and the light is no good for photos.
Tuesday, 6 May 2008
I was inspired by this little lady who normally sits
in my kitchen window but who decided to take a
journey outside into the sunshine yesterday. She's a Little Kitchen Fairy named Oopsy Daisy Baby.
This is the card I made from a picture of her, sitting in a hanging basket, which I snapped with my mobile phone.
With Versa colour inks in Petal Pink & Narcissus I stamped and clear embossed flowers from Personal Impressions and See-D's Morsels randomly over a cream card. The centres were highlighted with glitter glue.
I printed the photo onto plain white card and deckled the edges before layering it onto a lovely pale lemon and then moss green mats from a card stack by DCWV.
Sunday, 4 May 2008
I used a square white hammered cardstock and onto this layered a square of blue textured card, from a stack by DCWV, and onto that a piece of pale blue glitter card. The patterned card is some I had in my stash from a few years ago, as is the ribbon which is navy edged with gold thread. The white card is the same as the base card, the smaller piece being cut with a deckle edge and trimmed with a baby blue inkpad from Versa Colour. The fabric flower is held in place with a small brad. It was still a man's card until I searched for an image to put on the large white area. The fairy stamp caught my eye and had to be used, with black Stazon and shimmery watercolour paints. Gold peel-offs complete the card.