Friday 9 May 2008

ATC & Moo swaps

Last month the theme on the Stamping Mad forum swap was to make your own background paper.

You've all seen my efforts with the baby wipes which is what I used, now that we have the swaps back I can show what I did with them. I simply wrapped a piece of the fabric around my card and backed it with another card to hide the workings. Then I sewed a thread of seed beads and a sequin flower onto them as an embellishment but decided that's all that was needed. We only swap 2 but I have learned to make a 3rd for myself so that I have a record of them and also because the ATC holders take 3 cards in a row.













Unfortunately the shimmer in the paint doesn't show up too well on this scan.


The theme of the Moo swap was floral.

I used shimmer watercolour paints to cover the
background and then various stamps from See D's morsels to add flowers and the pot with versa colour inkpads. I added a little extra to each one of them - a worm, leaf and butterfly.
Again I did 3 and swapped only 2 of them.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice Sue - liking these a lot and must have a go at the baby wipe technique. Thanks for joining in Cute Card Thursday - I am on the Design Team. Lol Lynn x

Karen said...

Sue, you are clever! They look so pretty. you were right not to over do the embellies....the beading looks so pretty X

Kathy said...

these look lovely Sua

Hazel said...

These are beautiful, Sue.