Tuesday 7 June 2011

Card & pressie

Showing the card and jewellery gifts I made for my daughter-in-law’s birthday last week.


The pearlescent backer and patterned paper are both from a pack I had from Crafter’s Companion some time ago.


SAM_0480The pretty little dream catcher embellishment is from a necklace I found recently in a fashion shop which was closing down. I simply removed it from it's original cord and attached a couple of jump rings so that it hangs freely. Topped off with a small pink organza bow I think it looks a lot nicer than it did hanging from the beaded cord.SAM_0483The border is a Martha Stewart punch and card candy finishes the it off nicely.


I put my newly acquired beading skills to good use and made a set of earrings, necklace and bracelet with small blue beads.SAM_0475SAM_0477


Sue xx

6 comments:

Janice said...

Nice card, great recycling Sue. The beading is beautiful, what a great job.

Kaz said...

These are gorgeous Sue! I love the dreamcatcher on the card and your beading is fab xxx

tracy said...

lovely card sue :)
well done you on doing all that beading:)

Kathy said...

ooooh pretty jewellery and a lovely card. I bet she was chuffed to bits

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

What a clever idea to add that little dreamcatcher to you card. It's so unique!

Traceyr said...

Wow Sue are you sure your beading skills are newly acquired? They look fantastic and very professional - like you've been beading for years!

:)