Friday 30 May 2008

Daisy Baby Book




I have been working on this book for the past week now so that I can give it to my daughter, Sallie for her birthday next month.
I have taken as my inspiration the Little Kitchen Fairie named 'Oops a Daisy Fairie' and decided to use lots of my daisy stamps and embellishments.
The cover uses my baby wipe backgrounds and I have used far too many items from my stash to name them all but the stamps are:- Tildas from Magnolia, Personal Impressions and Anitas.
The book is held together with knotted organza ribbons and fastened with an organza bow.


These first pages feature a photo of the figurine which sits in my kitchen window and my daughters name.




A Dufex image alongside Tilda with bouquet.








Skeleton leaves, fabric flowers and organza ribbons.


Peel-offs and a stamp by Anita.



Tilda with basket alongside a dufex panel andflowers.


Embossed paper, fabric daisies with stamp by Personal Impressions.



A further photo with lots of tiny daisies and letter stickers.



I have learned a lot whilst making this book, making lots of mistakes along the way but I have had fun using diferent techniques and materials. I'm sure Sallie will love it and treasure it, as it is something special between the two of us.

8 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful book Sue, your daughter will love it

Karen said...

What a lovely little book Sue, Sallie will treasure it XXX

Kaz said...

That's a really pretty book Sue, what a lovely gift.

Unknown said...

Thats a really lovely little book, what a personal gift for your daughter.

tracy said...

what a lovely little book,lucky sallie :)

Chris A said...

That is really lovely Sue, I bet your daughter will be delighted.

Angelnorth said...

What a great gift Sue - love it! It is nice to try out different techniques, isn't it? Well done you for branching out a bit - the results were well worth the effort!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little book Sue! Sallie is going to love it.