Thursday 25 September 2008

80th Birthday

Mick's Mum has asked me to make a card for her sister's 80th birthday next month which meant I also needed to make one from us as well.

This is the one I made for us to send, I used glitter board, brads, peel-offs and base card from my stash but the whole of the topper is made from freebies from Making Cards magazine with a little bit of glitter glue added.

I bought some Joanna Sheen stamps a couple of months ago when I was first asked about this card as I knew the look I wanted for it It is from the Happiness Oval set of Victorian Doylie range and has been stamped and embossed in pink on cream pearlescent paper.The 2 background papers are from Joanna's Oriental Dreams Cd. I found a bunch of fabric flowers in a local shop and used 3 from it to make a spray and added an organza ribbon bow which was all attached with silicone glue. The sentiment was printed on the computer. As the flowers stand out from the card so much I had to make a box on which I will stamp the name.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful cards for an 80yr old Sue. I am so tempted by the new JS stamps....they look so beautiful X

Angelnorth said...

Both really pretty Sue, I'm sure they'll go down a storm with the recipient!

Gez Butterworth said...

Lovely cards Sue, will make lovely keepsakes.

tracy said...

very nice sue :) that oval stamp looks very useful,i bet you'll use it loads:)