Thursday 8 November 2012

'Funky' Christmas tree

I finally got back to making cards after spending all yesterday beading and all the evening sewing eyes onto little knitted owls. I still have to do the beaks and feed them some stuffing before sewing them up.
In my last post I used a cd from Complete Cardmaking magazine, well the cd was still in my laptop so I decided to use it again. This time I chose the Funky Hand section and printed out a cute little tree and a couple of backing papers. I coloured the tree in pink with promarkers and added a bit of glitter glue. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut this and the green backer into oval shapes. The pink was cut to size and used as a backing strip. A simple peel-off greeting fills the empty corner.
I'm never sure with ovals as to whether I have them straight or not on the page, I hope these are.

I was very brave and did a bit of dash/dot doodling round the shapes on the card in the same pink as the tree.














6 comments:

Kathy said...

oooh isn't it pretty? Love that tree inage and the pink/green colour combo. I like ovals on other peoples' work but find them a bit of a struggle to get right on mine - somehow they always turn out a bit too "mumsy" iykwim hahaha

Traceyr said...

Loving the dash and dot doodling Sue, always seems to finish a card off I feel. Cute pink tree too.

:)

Loopylou. said...

awww this is so cute Sue, I think that little tree looks fabulous and I love the papers...though I may be a squidge biased...he he he!!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Unknown said...

It's a lovely cute tree and card. I really like that pink backing paper too. xx

Creative Treasures said...

That's a sweet little tree, I love the doodling around the oval, I haven't doodled on a card for ages.

Tracy
X

Hazel said...

Super card - love the tree x