Tuesday 29 April 2008

First challenge

I came across a Blog called Cute Card Thursday who set the challenge to make a card with the theme of 'Girls just wanna have Fun'
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/
I've never done a challenge before so thought I would give it a go with one of my new Paper Nation stamps. I stamped the Toddler Windmill image with brown Stazon onto white card and coloured it in with watercolour pencils. I lightly dusted the card with pink chalk to soften the look.
The corners were shaped with a corner punch and it was mounted onto a piece of pink glitter card.
I used a pale pink card and layered onto it a 5cm strip of Windsor stripe from K & Co. the image was positioned onto this and the card was completed with a double row of silver peel-off lines and a simple sentiment.

I'm not sure when the entries have to be in but I enjoyed making this card and trying out my new stamp.

9 comments:

Deb said...

That is so pretty Sue, love the sweet image and lovely colours. You are fine to to enter right up until the next challenge is up on the following thursday! So you had loads of time!
Thanks so much for joining in, hope to see you again!

Sandy said...

Oh Sue this is so lovely. Really cute card. Love it.

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card, I love that image it's so sweet and great colouring.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, I hope you'll be able to join in with the next challenge.

Kathy said...

awww this is certainly cute, Love that sugar pink colouring too

Jutta said...

Very nice card and the image is so sweet.

Karen said...

Awe I love the stamp Sue and the pink is just perfect for it. Its such a pretty card. Is it for your grandaughter? X

Unknown said...

Welcome to Blogland Sue! Great to see you here.

There are some gorgeous things on here already hun. xx

Hazel said...

Just seen your link on BF - welcome to blogland. Lovely blog you've got here - super cards and love the backgrounds with the baby wipes. I'll be back!

Angelnorth said...

Welcome to Blogland Sue! This is such a cute card, lovely image and you've coloured her beautifully!