Monday 27 June 2011

I did it!!!

I am so pleased with myself tonight.


After many, many attempts I think I have finally got the hang of crochet. My Nan tried to teach me many times when she was alive and I could never get to grips with it. She used to produce some beautiful things, some of which I still have.


I was given a website address a few weeks back and tried then but couldn’t quite get it right so thought i would have another go.


Suddenly something clicked and I knew what i’d done wrong. I’d always been able to do a simple chain and knew how to hold the yarn and hook but that certain something eluded me.


This is what I managed in only the time it took for my tea to go cold. lol


SAM_0523


Now I know my tension is all over the place but what do you expect in my excitement, at least it looks like the picture online and I have the correct number of stitches.



Sue xx

5 comments:

Net said...

Looks perfect to me Sue! What's the next project going to be?

Angelnorth said...

Well done! I'm another one who never really got the hang of crochet - I sort of cracked the little flowers last year but the bug still failed to bite!

Kathy said...

Well done Sue - it looks perfect. You're making me think about looking for a crochet hook andyarn for the first time in years!

Kaz said...

Well done Sue, glad the penny dropped! I still can't make neat flowers but I can make little birds!! Can't wait to see what you make xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Way to go! I am soooooo happy for you Sue.Xxx