Monday 30 April 2012

11 months

11 months? Yes, that's how long it's taken me to figure out what to do with the wooden letters that I decopatched last May. Back then I thought I knew exactly what I was going to do but never got round to it.

Looking at them again recently I realised that the papers were not quite 'right' so I re-did them with the green crackle effect paper I had left over from a previous project and added a chipboard sign that had been decorated ages ago and not used.

 I found a metal buckle and threaded it with pale green spotty ribbon. The colours from the original paper still show through a bit but that's ok
 A metal heart plaque attached with twisted wire.
 4 large stripey brads in the top corner.

 The chipboard sign at the bottom covered with a patterned paper, no idea where from as it was done so long ago and coloured with Promarkers. The car has glossy accents on it.

It's up in the kitchen already! That is about the only thing that has stayed the same from my original plans. It looks quite good on the pale lime green wall.



6 comments:

Sallie Ward said...

Ooh very pretty, I think the green really makes it. You can help me with mine at the Retreat now!! xx

Karen said...

ooo this is gorgeous Sue!!! I love that green and the little row of houses is perfect. You must be so pleased with it xxx

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love the layered effect you got with the papers. And I love the little accents on it too xxx

Hazel said...

This is a wonderful project, Sue (sorry it took me so long to get here and leave a comment) x

Unknown said...

Dear Sue, I was wondering if you could tell me where you purchased the brads in your project labelled "11 months"? I have some which my Mum had but she passed away two years ago and so I am not able to ask her where she bought them from. I would really love to get some more.
Thank you
Naomi

Sue said...

Naomi, I think the brads may have been bought in The Range but i'm not sure as I empty them into a container and keep no packaging. Sorry. x